[78-L] Choral key question

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 19 05:52:26 PST 2013

Figured you'd respond! I went for the lower option, even though Chicago Deccas
in my experience play about 4% up. The songs were not well known choir
favourites but were likely traditional gospel numbers arranged by the group,
and all but one were in the same key (meaning 3 in A Flat and one in G). As
follows:

DE 7376A  KING JESUS IS A LISTENING  91243A (3:09) speed flux
DE 7376B  I'M A PILGRIM  91242A (2:41)
DE 7452A  GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS  91240A (2:40)
DE 7452B  WE WILL SOON BE DONE  91241A (2:46)
GOODWILL MALE CHORUS (May 1937)