[78-L] Choral key question

Valerie Langfield rcq at minuet.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 18 23:10:47 PST 2013

It could depend on the mood of the piece - it's in a major key, I take
it? A flat (and it's A flat major, not G sharp major) is likely to be a
more subdued mood; A major is a 'bright', up-beat sort of key. As a
pianist, I find A flat easier, even though it's got 4 flats in the key
signature (A major has 3 sharps), because black note keys get you right
into the keyboard.

Can you let us know which one you go for?

Valerie Langfield

In article <BLU0-SMTP80E9C7BAD22C10B2514402BDC50 at phx.gbl>, David Lennick
<dlennick at sympatico.ca> writes

--