[78-L] Ja-Da

Ray Kilcoyne kil at roadrunner.com
Fri Dec 13 10:43:08 PST 2013

I don't see any signs of a Bob Carleton recording.  Wiki says Carleton first
popularized it with Cliff Edwards, but that seems to be in live performances
at the Café Arsonia in Chicago.
I have files by
Arthur Fields
Red Nichols
Tommy Ladnier
Al Hirt
Johnny & the Hurricanes
I can't tell you the condition of any unless I dig them up.
RayK

From: David Lennick
I've received a request on behalf of a 13-year-old whose mother has done
some
homework but may be asking for the impossible..she wants an original
recording
of the song Ja-Da but has asked for it by the composer, Bob Carleton. Did he
record it? She'll settle for Arthur Fields on Victor. (And I don't know if
she
wants the actual physical 78 or a file.)