[78-L] Majestic label

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Tue Dec 3 16:09:06 PST 2013

Hi Cary,
  Can you send scans of the labels?  THANKS!

  Anyone else have Majestic 78-100 series releases ???  I am trying to compile data on this series.

  From what I can see in Billboard, the label was licensed to GORDON BURDGE who ran EAGLE and ABC EAGLE.
  Matrix numbers usually SA prefix ranging from 100's up to 1000's.  I think they must have been mastered by
some outfit in LA or SF, not their own.

  An advertisment in Billboard 25/11-50 lists:  Some as 45's some 78, some both.

Majestic 78-111 advert 25/11-50 only 78
BOB OATES "THE WHISTLING WESTERNER" AND WESTERN BAND
  Western Winds
  Loco

Majestic 45-113, 78-113 advance 30/6-51, advert 25/11-50
BOOTS FAYE
  Cold, Cold Kisses
  Jilted Again

Majestic 78-122 Bb advert 25/11-50
THE RHYTHM PALS - CANADIAN NETWORK STARS - PLAYING & SINGING
  The Blues Keep Following Me
  One Has My Name

Majestic 78-145 Bb advert 25/11-50
OZIE WATERS SINGING WITH THE COLORADO RANGERS
  Home On The Range
  Utah Trail

Majestic 45-147 Bb advert 25/11-50 only 45
TEX WALLACE SINGING WITH HONKYTONK WRANGLERS
  I'm Throwing Rice
  Careless Hands

One of the SAM HINTON disks from ABC Eagle was issued on Majestic:
SA-953	78-134	BARNYARD SONG; THREE FOOLISH PIGLETS	Sam Hinton
SA-954	78-134	CRAWDAD SONG	Sam Hinton

Best wishes, Thomas.