[78-L] Gospel 78 label question

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com
Tue Nov 26 12:14:54 PST 2013

According to 78discography.com, "How About You" was on the Melotone label, with a recording date of 8/26/35. The catalog number was 6-02-57. Oddly, it shows a different title for the other matrix number (18011) -- "On My Way".

It's on this page:

http://www.78discography.com/Mel36.htm

>Anyone know the label this recording was issued on?
>And the date of recording.
>
>"I Was Standing By The Bedside Of A Neighbor"
>"How About You"
>by Pinewood Tom (Josh White)
>Matrix Numbers 18011-2 / 18012-2
>
>(I have for sale a vinyl test pressing - both sides -
>pressed from the original stamper in the 1970's.)
>
>Thanks!
>

>Doug Pomeroy
>audiofixer at verizon.net

                       -        Jeff Lichtman