[78-L] V-Disc dewarping

Ron L'Herault lherault at verizon.net
Wed Oct 30 06:49:48 PDT 2013

I've used a modified glass plate/sun method.   I have one of those warming
trays you plug in to keep buffet food warm.   I plug it in to start it
warming, put on a glass plate, the record, a second glass plate and then a
couple layers of newspaper opened over the record/glass stack.  One could
use just about anything suitable here.  It is to insulate the top a bit from
the room, letting the stack warm up more evenly.  Once the set up is warm,
flattening happens fairly fast so between the need to monitor the flattening
and the use of the newspaper, it is not a set up that I walk away from and
do something else. (sniff, sniff - hmm something burning?   Wonder what that
could be?  Oh, crap!)

Ron L