[78-L] RCA Victor humour

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 29 08:32:45 PDT 2013

To connect these two disparate subjects, Bob Hope did appear on Victor Records,
but not as a comedian...he narrates The Quick And The Dead (radio documentary
issued on 2 lps, of which I've found only 1 as well as a partial 78 set) and
sings on the Seven Little Foys soundtrack. His Capitol 78 set "I Never Left
Home" seems to turn up frequently and the routines are topical, funny in
context. Likewise a rare 12-inch set of routines recorded while on tour in Alaska.

dl