[78-L] The Nuisance of UP International Priority Mail & The Global Shipping Program

Benno Häupl goldenbough at arcor.de
Sat Oct 26 02:08:29 PDT 2013

Gavin,
if you were suspended for good from eBay, then you made something wrong.
You got to know how eBay works. Admitted, it is difficult to understand and
even worse to keep up with all the changes, especially when you sell on
several of their sites, each with different rules: USA, UK, Germany, France, Italy...

But the principle is simple: 100% customer satisfaction.  So, if your buyer pays
and wants you to wait a week because he will bid on your next set of auctions,
you have to mark the item as being shipped (and inform your customer about why
you have to do it).

I am currently about to lose my Top Rated Seller status only because I had less
than 100 different customers from USA in the last 12 months. My DSRs are 5.0
throughout. Remedy: I am selling a bunch of cheap postcards at low prices only
to get more customer feedback. My average sales price of about $100 per item
will drop, but this will not have any repercussion.

There once was a glitch on eBay and I could see my own statistics for only about
5 or 10 minutes. They know everything: the amount of time you are logged in,
the average time you need to reply to questions, to ship, , the number of failed
log-ins with wrong password, *ALL* IP addresses that you ever used to log-in, plus
a hundred more things that I forgot.

And if you absolutely want to be re-instated on eBay, read ebaystealth. You will
find it via google. At least it makes you understand how ebay's bots work.

Benno