[78-L] Majestic (vertical) record inquiry

Glenn Longwell glongwell at snet.net
Fri Sep 27 12:31:48 PDT 2013

Does anyone have catalog number 123 of Majestic, the U.S. vertical cut record from 1916?  The tunes are:

123-A  Daddy by Bettye Shaw
123-B  Barcarolle from Tales of Hoffman by Gramm Trio

I'm interested in the matrix number on side B.  I picked up my first copy of this record and in the dead wax it shows "2nd 123" and "10046-2."  The matrix of 10046 makes sense but it's the 2nd 123 that has me intrigued that there is another pressing of this song with a different matrix.  Many of the early Majestics didn't even have a matrix number so perhaps the first one didn't show it and those that do I've never seen this nomenclature used.

While I'm asking I'll make my annual call for whether anyone has any Majestics they want to write me off-list about either to trade, sell or even just tell me what they have as I look to still determine if all records were released that were announced.  Thanks.  You can use the email address found on my website below.

Glenn

www.majesticrecord.com