[78-L] LP (okay, Lp) Question

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 17 09:50:56 PDT 2013

When did Victor launch the 33rpm Program Transcription? I keep finding links to
a ridiculous article that says they did it in 1930 (yeah, right) and this
morning a Toronto radio station's "Today in History" feature has RCA Victor
launching the LP at a (forget the name) Hotel in New York. Didn't catch the
date they gave, but I phoned them to tell them about Columbia in June 1948, the
RCA 45 in February 1949 blah blah blah (it was just a tip line for messages).