[78-L] Le Bing: Bing Crosby's first LP (or is it?) gets a reissue

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 15 13:06:40 PDT 2013

Well, apparently I've been sending to the non-preferred 78-L email address
for years, and it's just stopped working...here's try number three for this
post:

Bing Crosby's first LP is getting a CD reissue, with previously unreleased
material:

http://www.amazon.com/Le-Bing-Song-Hits-Paris/dp/B00EEPFW1E/ref=pd_sim_sbs_m_2

I guess this escaped the Universal vault fire from several years ago.  Did
we ever hear exactly what music masters went up in the blaze?

Mike Biel tells me there were lots of other Bing LPs in the catalog when
this was issued.  Maybe this is Bing's first album made specifically for LP?

Also, it seems there's a new CD of Bings AFRS special recordings (and a few
excerpts from Philco Radio Time):

http://www.amazon.com/AFRS-Basic-Music-Library-Philco/dp/B00F0MNER4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_m_3

Few details are available on Amazon, aside from the label, Sounds of
Yesteryear.  Anybody know anything about this one?

Sammy Jones