[78-L] Ugggh, again...

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Mon Sep 9 16:21:39 PDT 2013

Another bad packing job from Ebay seller. This one really frosted me
because I sent him instructions. It was not broken, it was badly warped,
bent really. Here is what I wrote:

"Hello,
I am sorry to find that this record, though probably in fine condition
before you shipped it, is now unplayable. There is more than one reason
for putting cardboard on both sides of a record when you ship it. First,
the common sense one. They are fragile and they break very easily. This
one did not break, what happened is the box was in the back of a semi
that was in the hot sun for long periods of time. The record actually
partially melted. It is now bent. I might be able to fix it, but what a
shame to do this to a recording when all you had to do was tape in
between two pieces of cardboard as I asked.

If you want to sell records, you will have to learn to pack them safely.
Do it right and they will go over Niagara Falls unharmed. Do it wrong
and you might as well take it out back a hit it with a hammer and save
yourself the trouble.

Not happy, not for me but for the lost voices on that record. You just
mishandled a piece of history."

Beware mandlmartin

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.