[78-L] 10,000 78s in Minnesota

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 9 08:54:04 PDT 2013

The point is that these are being offered free and that anyone who takes them
could obviously cull the load and offer the rest to dealers (if any are around)
or list them on Freecycle or Kijiji or Craigslist, or take the time to try and
eBay them. A load like this pretty well has to go in bulk unless the people
managing the clearing of the apartment has the time to let takers come in and
cherrypick, which is usually not the case. And moving 10,000 78s to the dump is
going to be last on anyone's list.

I once offered classical 78 album sets on FreeCycle, got about 6 responses,
only 1 from someone who had the faintest idea what a 78 album set was and she
was an archivist with the Toronto Symphony (and she took a couple).

dl