[78-L] a riff in some new orleans early jazz records

N.B. Kauffman nbkauffman at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 1 17:13:01 PDT 2013

Does anyone recall the line "Better trim your toenails; you're ripping the sheets" from an early 78'?

I had it in an old '78 that broke and got thrown out.  I think it's recorded by Harry Conick's band as a riff on one of his cd's also, so I'm pretty sure it is in the New Orleans jazz tradition.

I've been trying to find that riff and that old '78 for many years and would sure appreciate an email from anyone who knows of it.  Surely I didn't have the only '78 of it in existence!