[78-L] Is it really rarest blues record?, or, Troubled earth

Erwin Kluwer ekluwer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 10:45:03 PDT 2013

Charlie played Green River from  1915 on (as researched by  Calt, etc)Some
of his most famous  arrangments were basically in place (as for Pony Blues,
etc) around 1910... That means people /musicians heard him allready play
for two decades before he first  recorded..... Patton had huge following,
respect and  some serious  talented imitators itroughout Mississippi..again
20 years  before he recorded....(Around  1910 very few people even played
even Guitar in the South (banjo and fiddle was the thing then),,, The one
of the first (it might be THE first) archetypical guitar hero's