[78-L] Is it really rarest blues record?, or, Troubled earth

Erwin Kluwer ekluwer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 16:36:07 PDT 2013

I agree with you on the Robert Johnson hype.... And I will  put Patton and
Muddy above him in terms of influence ,,,

 "Can you be more specific": just listen to for example to Green River
Blues.. It can  directly projected on a full rock (band ) arrangment...
In terms of drive, bass,-treble counter point .  etc, etc   This is a blue
print.... ..No one  has this done before (at least this good and managed to
get  recorded)

Again I think Patton has influenced modern( rock) music  in a similar
significant way (although more indirectly and  htrough other muscians as
Caruso inflluenced  20th century singing

Erwin