[78-L] Is it really rarest blues record?, or, Troubled earth

Erwin Kluwer ekluwer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 12:03:04 PDT 2013

Hi,

Patton influence has been a slow and has been for the most of the
century (say from1910 to 1950) largely an underground force...

A man who influenced a Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Howling Wolf
directly (all of them a huge impact on music by themselves)  simply IS one
of the biggest forces  in 20th century music....

Modern rock can't be imagene e without his sound, feel,  overal shape and
arrangments..

These people were indeed not selling the most records or were popular with
a more mainstrain audience... but commercial succes in art has always
showed a limited correlation with importance....

(BTW only ones that come close in terms of importance from the blues( a
wrong tem actually in terms of the meaning and actual musical content of
these muscicians)corner  are Blind lemon and maybe Lonnie Johnson....

Erwin