[78-L] Larry Wagner, JImmy Eaton, & Frank Shuman

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Aug 21 11:34:00 PDT 2013

On 21/08/13 15:19, Clifford Bolling wrote:
> I've been asked about the song writing team of Larry Wagner, JImmy Eaton, & Frank Shuman.  Apparently, they wrote some popular songs,
>   No Matter What You Do To Me
> Flamenco Love
> Penguin at the Waldorf
> The Walking Doll
>
> and also, Larry Wagner had an orchestra and recorded for the A440 label (maybe others?).
>
> The question I've been asked is what instruments do these guys play, and are they associated with any better known bands?
>
> The songs they wrote were made popular by Horace Heidt, Frankie Carle, and the Casa Loma Orchestra, but a quick look at Rust doesn't show them as being part of any of these organizations.
>
> Thanks!  CDB

The A-440 LP gives the following composer credits:

Don't Cry (Wagner-Eaton-Shuman)
The Walking Doll (Wagner-Eaton-Shuman)
No Name Jive (Wagner)
Whistler's Mother-in-Law (Wagner-Stevens)
Billy And I (Wagner-Eaton-Shuman)
Penguin at the Waldorf (Wagner-Eaton-Shuman)
Lover's Lullabye (Wagner-Carle-Razaf)

I don't think he had an orchestra as such, as the session seems to be
made up of studio musicians.

      Julian Vein