•[78-L] Sir Lancelot was RE: Capitol Label Discography - anyone hav e this ROM ??

Steve Shapiro steveshapiro1 at juno.com
Wed Aug 7 01:34:16 PDT 2013

I saw the LP in the late 1970s/1980s, might even have bought a copy for sentimental reasons (I liked his Walk In Peace and Atomic Energy from the 1940s), but don't think I was able to bring myself to actually play it.  It doesn't seem to be with my other West Indian LPs.  It's probably packed away after some move.

Wish I had better news.

If you don't find someone with a copy by the time/if I find it, I'll let you know.

In the late 1970s, Lancelot told me -- I think it was either he or Trinidadian bandleader Gerald Clark who appeared in one of the Thin Man movies.  I never could track that down.  Does anyone know anything about this?/steve

Thomas Stern     sternth at attglobal.net wrote:

. . . Unable to find anything about his last recordings (hymns), an LP
on the MARILAN label.  Have only one 45rpm drawn from the LP.

Is there anyone out there who is interested in Lancelot, or
who has information about his recordings? . . . .