[78-L] Is it really rarest blues record?

gdkimball at cox.net gdkimball at cox.net
Tue Aug 6 20:23:49 PDT 2013

"Grandma Blues" is clearly some made-up bullshit and not Willie Brown.  If you actually pay attention to the lyrics of "M & O" or the song on the other side, "Future Blues," and compare, it's pretty obvious that "Grandma" is not of the same period.

Plenty of people have covered "M & O Blues." It's not that difficult, certainly not the hardest Delta Blues tune to play.  Have you ever tried to play it or Future Blues?  I play both, and they're more interesting than most standard 12-bar blues tunes.  It's also worth pointing out that this music was designed to accompany dancing.  To some extent, the music is intentionally repetitive.

To each his own.

Gregg

.