[78-L] Gene Autry Okeh set

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Tue Aug 6 15:42:33 PDT 2013

Greetings from FixitLand!

Jack Raymond wrote:

> For what it's worth, my copy of Okeh Set K-1, which I acquired in
> virtually new condition, has the same eight sides you mention.

That's good to know; thanks! Goes a long way toward answering the original question, which I think you can answer since you own the set: What are the catalog numbers of the records? The original Vocalion numbers, or four 5xxx- (above 5622) or 6xxx-series numbers in sequence as one would expect in an album set? Do the labels sport "K 1-<side number>" left of the hole, again as would be expected? If the original issue numbers were used, and no album number is present on labels, it represents the only instance I've ever encountered of a "Decca-style" reissue from CBS; very curious!

Thanks,

—
Joe
—
“MMEEOOWW!!”—Douglas Fur (12) and Kimberly Fur (10)