[78-L] Bing's Lacquer, WAS Diamond Dick? attn Julian

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 5 19:26:00 PDT 2013

To be clear, what I found is a ten-inch microgroove lacquer containing the
Crosby show, probably the same as what's on Dave Weiner's pressings. I haven't
checked out every incarnation of the program so I just knew that it seemed to
have more content than the Boris Rose lp (and of course more than the RCA LPV
issue which had only the two songs and no other program content). The dub is on
the back of some demo cut by Rockhill Studios in New York. No idea where I
obtained it. The Crosby side also contains about a minute of someone in 1931,
possibly named Leroy Diamond, singing Sonny Boy as Irving Kaufman channeling Al
Jolson (and not succeeding). This info is written in grease pencil on the disc.

dl