[78-L] AAFTC Orchestra, Santa Ana, California

RUSSELL BARNES r.barnes4 at btopenworld.com
Sat Jul 27 01:27:21 PDT 2013

Hello,

I've no wish to mislead you but I'm trying to recall a conversation I had years ago with 'Peanuts' Hucko.  We'd stayed up into the early hours chatting and he was telling me about his early experiences as a musician with the Air Force Training group.

I'm fairly sure he mentioned Santa Anna.  He went on to describe having to March at a brisk pace and play the saxophone.  Sand was kicked-up and settled in the mechanics of the instrument.

He managed to change to the Clarinet - which was far less troublesome.

Russ Barnes
Dorset, UK