[78-L] Discophilia boxed sets

Birgit Lotz Verlag Birgit-Lotz-Verlag at gmx.de
Sat Jul 27 00:33:11 PDT 2013

we still have mint copies (company stock) of several of the Discophilia
boxed sets at 15 Euro plus postage, if anyone were interested
Rainer

Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 14:07:48 -0500
From: "Stewart, Joseph R"<RandyStewart at MissouriState.edu>
Subject: Re: [78-L] LP set of 1908 Carmen... in German.
To:"78-l at klickitat.78online.com" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>

Mike Harkin asked:
Did you find 78's or an lp issue?? Marston has issued a 1908 Carmen with
Emmi Destinn, in German, 56 sides.? An lp dubbing of this?

This Discophilia set dates from the mid-1970s.  They also produced an LP
dub of the contemporaneous "Faust" with some of the same cast members
(Karl Jorn, Emmy Destinn), along with single LPs devoted to various
78rpm-era German singers. I don't have the U.S. "High Fidelity"
magazines from that period close by, but I remember first hearing about
these sets from reviews in that mag.
Randy Stewart
Arts Producer
KSMU