[78-L] Last alive to record an acoustical DD?

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Wed Jul 24 19:50:51 PDT 2013

MX 848 and 849 if memory serves.

-----Original Message-----
From: 78-l-bounces at klickitat.78online.com
[mailto:78-l-bounces at klickitat.78online.com] On Behalf Of Harold Aherne
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:43 PM
To: 78-L Mail List
Subject: Re: [78-L] Last alive to record an acoustical DD?

By any chance, do we know what the matrix or catalogue number was for the
selection he participated in?

As far as I know, the last surviving "name" performer who recorded for
Edison may have been Dorothea Ponce Verkamp (1909-2000), one of the Ponce
Sisters.

-HA