[78-L] NIXON LAWYER LEONARD GARMENT OBIT

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 17:48:02 PDT 2013

I remember hearing about Garment via George T. Simon.I remember Jack Eagle and Manny Fox from Georgie Auld's 1944 big band.Henry Jerome was a trumpeter who,according to George T. Simon,played stiffly and rather sharp.I remember Gene DiNovi from a short lived big band led by Chubby Jackson that recorded for Co-
lumbia in 1950.I believe Tiny Kahn was also the drummer in that band.Jackson recorded four sides for them which were released on French Columbia back in the 1970s.I have the album here:I bought it in the early '80s in a drug store in North Bend,Oregon.Is that CD available or is it out of print?