[78-L] Churchill's Secret Cabinet

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Jul 13 08:02:45 PDT 2013

Yes I have been doing research on this subject, and the linked article
about Norman Shelly tells what I also have figured out so far.  Shelly
(not Sterling Holloway!) did do the "We will fight them on the
beaches..." and that one is included in this BBC broadcast.  In fact, it
was the first speech in the set of recordings they play in the Churchill
Underground War Rooms in London.  I made a recording of their exhibit
when I was there in April, and I included it in the comment card I left.
 My faceebook friends know that I finally got the 12-LP Decca/London box
set two weeks ago (thanks to Charlie at Academy Records) and I will
check that set in the next few weeks.  That speech is NOT in the EMI
set, Murrow's compilation on Columbia, and several other Churchill
compilations I have.  It is as if EVERYBODY EXCEPT the Churchill
archives know it is bogus.

By the way, do you guys know what other characters Norman Shelly has
played?  Nana the Dog and The Crocodile in the Jean Arthur and Mary
Martin versions of Peter Pan, including the tV shows of 55,56, and 60.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com