[78-L] Lenny

Dave Burnham burnhamd at rogers.com
Tue Jul 9 15:27:57 PDT 2013

The first line of Mahler's third also shows more than a passing resemblance to the big tune of the fourth movement of Brahms' first.

The "frere Jacques" quote can't be accidental, but one has to wonder once again why the connection. Was the titan's first name Jack?

Nothing could be more tenuous than the four notes that lead to the belief that Handel wrote "Joy to the World".

db

Sent from my iPhone

>>> 78-L at klickitat.78online.com