[78-L] Bernstein's Rhapsody

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 05:49:55 PDT 2013

Since Don mentioned the Wild/Toscanini with the Goodman cadenza, that
performance has a notorious squeak right in the middle when Benny was
changing registers. That performance made the rounds among clarinetists for
years. It is actually a good performance that has been on CD at least once.

Wild is highly underrated as a pianist and an arranger. I saw him late in
his career at a small auditorium in North NJ, and he was magnificent.

Jeff Sultanof