[78-L] Software for cataloging AND listening to record collections ??

Doug Caldwell rw78stuff at comcast.net
Fri Jul 5 17:01:37 PDT 2013

I posted this on TONY with not a single response. Maybe its an odd topic. Ihought I'd give it a shot here.

I've been using iTunes basically as an audible database for many years. I
have detailed discographies on Excel, but for listening, the audio files are organized in Playlists in iTunes with info on each tune:  artist, date, issue #, mx, comments etc. It is very helpful and satisfying, but iTunes
seems only half-meant for this function, and I get nervous about glitches - especially when asked to  upgraded versions  or when it comes to moving files.

Anyone have suggestions for (playable) cataloging software.

I did experiment with adding links in Excel so each entry could be heard. It
worked, but was very time consuming.

Doug Caldwell