[78-L] Slightly off the beaten pathŠ.

Ray Kilcoyne kil at roadrunner.com
Wed Jul 3 05:37:14 PDT 2013

Re: YELLOW ROSE OF TEXAS
Gene Autry recorded YELLOW ROSE on Victor 23792A  on 1/27/33.
I doubt that it was re-released in 1955 because there don't seem to be any
45rpm copies kicking around.
RCA Victor did release a parody version by Homer and Jethro, RCA Victor
47-6241, YALLER ROSE OF TEXAS, YOU-ALL.
RayK

From: Rjholtin
Seems logical as Mitch was in the house of Columbia as well.  Stmbled onto
my copy of his 78 of this just the other day so I am grateful for this
discussion

And Victor had a copy in the can recorded by Gene Autry in the early
thirties which they could have reissued.

Did they?