[78-L] Donald Lee Nelson^

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jul 2 01:28:23 PDT 2013

On 02/07/13 02:07, Cary Ginell wrote:
> I never saw Donald Lee without a three-piece suit on. On really, really scorching days in his un-airconditioned house in Westwood, he would take his jacket off, but the shirt, tie, and vest stayed on. Always.
>
> Cary Ginell

This prompts me to comment on films of the past, where the action takes
place in California or similar climes, but the the men are always
wearing a jacket and tie, even indoors. They never seemed to be wearing
summer clothes. Did people in general dress like that then? Was it a
case of self-discipline and ignoring the discomfort?

       Julian Vein