[78-L] Chinese Shipping^

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Thu Jun 20 16:47:16 PDT 2013

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, PayPal reversed the payment the Chinese buyer made to me, without any evidence other than his word. He claimed two of the three Robeson discs were broken, but failed to take everything in to his post office to verify damage. Instead, he sent it all back to me, wrapped in bubble wrap and shoved in an envelope, so that when it arrived, the third disc had joined the other two in pieces. I called PayPal; they told me to file a criminal report with IC3.gov and send them a copy of the claim. My request to USPS is still under appeal. After submitting all my evidence to them, they were supposed to call me today, but you know how that turns out. They didn't. It seems like I'm the one that has to turn in all the evidence while the Chinese guy does nothing right, has proven nothing, and for all I know, he's already gotten my insurance money as well as his refund (although the post office normally confiscates the damaged materials so he can't do it twice). After seeing the way the Chinese postal service works, I have serious doubts they do anything by the book.

So as of now, I am out my money and have three busted records and a wad of Chinese bubble wrap in my garage

Cary Ginell