[78-L] Embassy / Signature link?

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Tue Jun 11 08:09:22 PDT 2013

I have only 2 images of this Embassy label:
P-1001-A The Harmonaires: Choo Choo Ch' Boogie:(MP-1001)
SP-5001-B Kiki Garcia ahO, Piano-Audinot: Rhumba Rhapsody (Audinot-DeBru) (MR-5-2).
Rumba {without h) Rhapsody was composed in 1945.

I see no connection with Signature.

Gart, ARLD, lists an Embassy label, at Broadway, NY, with 1948 issues
("dating guides") in several series (from Billboard?):
5-1001 (1/48)
15004 (2/48)
11031 (5/48)
1009 (8/48)
104 (12/48)
I have no idea what these are.

On a different Embassy label (orange) I have a picture of 3802 by Johnny Rion.
There were also Danish, English & Australian Embassy labels.

han enderman
===
>>> I just came across an odd record going through a collection and it's apparently not unique because someone posted a youtube video of theirs.  He couldn't find any info on it before he posted it back in 2010.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_qtmIpAV7o

One side is the Embassy label with Al Stuart & His Orchette playing Pin Up Polka, catalog number P-1004A.  The flip side is on the Signature label, catalog number 15071-A, Johnny Bothwell playing Get A Pin Up Girl.
Did Signature press Embassy's discs?  Both were out of New York at the time, presumably 1948.  Both songs are "pin up" songs so it seems plausible if Signature was pressing both labels to put them together and see if they could do better selling the disc.
Any other suggestions?
Glenn

www.majesticrecord.com
<<<