[78-L] CUBA songs from tin pan alley query

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Mon Jun 10 20:45:57 PDT 2013

There's no point trying to find post-1922 songs whose copyrights were not renewed. That's needle-in-a-haystack craziness unless you happen to stumble upon one. There is no "list" of such things.

A few other item that are P.D. but probably won't help you:

The Cubanola Glide (Von Tilzer, 1910)
Gottschalk's opera "Encenas Campestres" ("Cuban Country Scenes") - 1860 & " La Gallina" ("Danse Cubaine") - 1869

There's a suite that John Philip Sousa wrote in 1925 called "Cubaland" that I'd be interested in hearing. Not sure if it's still in copyright or not. Most Sousa stuff is P.D. worldwide if it was published prior to 1923.

Cary Ginell