[78-L] 100 years ago today..hard to believe!

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Wed May 29 12:30:55 PDT 2013

I'll have to try and find that.

> Today is the *100th anniversary* of the premiere of Stravinsky's *Le Sacre
> du printemps* (The Rite of Spring) - why not celebrate it with a selection of
> EMI Classic recordings of the revolutionary work on Spotify? To get to the
> playlist, *click here*
> [Link deleted]

Already did, but with 'ereburt von Garbagecan's Ditchy Grammyfone version. May play an older Dorati/Minneapolis mono press later. Or I'll continue to do up this stack of Gene Krupa Columbias that I got for 7 bucks.

Or the copy I got of Peter Sellers "Any Old Iron" I got the other day for 2 bucks on Parlophone. In brilliant shape. I'll have to go back and see what the fuss was about that on the mailing list ar-sour-cream-and-chives... was it 'what was on the B-side'?

Brad