[78-L] Joseph Rheinberger

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Sat May 25 15:29:01 PDT 2013

WERM Sup.2  P.179
RHEMBERGER, Joseph (1839-1901)
SONATAS organ
No. 11, D minor, Op. 148
... Cantilena only
F. Asma PM.N 11168G
(/. Orison: Toccata) (PhM.N 09002S)
(also, with Orison, Bach & Mendelssohn, in # N 00118L)
V Older recordings include:
SONATAS: No. 6, G.JS 4015
CONCERTO: No. 2 Pol. 66445/7; B.80005/7
Vision, from Op. 156: Tema Tariato from Op. 167
D.CA 8239; Pol. 27128
Other organ works on Pol. 27127; Vocal on Pol. 27107;
Chr. 44; etc.

Grampophone Shop Encyclopedia 1936, p.384
RHEINBERGER, Josef (I839-I90I)
A German organist, conductor, and composer
largely of organ and choral music. Today he is
remembered almost entirely as a composer for the
organ and his works are a prominent feature of
contemporary organists' repertories.
CONCERTOOrgan & Orch., No. 2, G minor, Op. 177
WITHDRAWN: W. Fischer & Orch. (B-25021/3 :
PD-66445/7)
Meditationes, Op. 167 12 Pieces, Organ
. . -Tema variato only
Paul Hebestreit (Paderborn Cath.) PD-27128
(Vision, from Op. 156) 1 2" $2.00
Miscellanen, Op. 174 12 Pieces, Organ
. . . Ricercare only
Paul Hebestreit (Paderborn Cath.) PD-27127
(Reger: Gloria in Excelsis Deo) 12" $2.00
Salve Regina Motet in Latin
Zurich Gregorius Cho. Odermatt CH-44
(Gress: Ermitte Spiritum) 12" $2.50
(DER) STERN VON BETHLEHEM, Op. 164
Christmas Cantata
Zug des heiligen drei Komge Cho. in German
Basilica Cho. Pius Kalt PD-27107
(Sweelinck: Hodie Christus natus est) 12" $2.00
SONATAS Organ
No. 6, E flat minor, Op. 1 19
Dr. E. Bullock (Westminster Abbey) G-B40I5
2 sides 10" $1.50
No. 8, E minor, Op. 132
. . .Scherzo only
WITHDRAWN: C. C. Palmer (G-B3316)
Vision, from Op. 156 Organ
Paul Hebestreit (Paderborn Cath.) PD-27128
(Meditationes Tema variato) 12" $2.00

Gramophone Shop Encyclopedia 1942 P.376
RHEINBERGER, Joseph Gabriel
(1839-1901)
Notable as one of the most famous sons of the
tiny principality of Liechtenstein, Rheinberger
was an esteemed pedagogue and a tireless com'
poser. Organists seem inclined to rate his compositions
higher than the average music lover does,
perhaps because of their exquisite sensitivity to
the capabilities of an instrument Kheinberger himself
played well.
Meditatkmes, Op. 167 12 Pieces, Organ
Tema vaxiato only
Paul Hebestrett (Paderborn Cath.), PD-27128
(Vision, from Op. 1$6) [&-CA8289] JE2"
Miszellaneen, Op. 174 12 Pieces, Organ
Ricercare only
Paul Hebestreit (Paderborn Ca&.)  PD-27127
(Reger: Gloria in Excelsis Deo)         12"
SONATA -Organ
No. 6, E flat Minor, Op. 119
Dr. E. Bullock (Westminster Abbey)
2 sides
G-B4015
10"
(DER) STERN VON BETHLEHEM, Op. 164
Christmas Cantata
Zug des heiligen drei Konige Cho. in German
Basilica Cho. Pius Kalt PD-27107
(Sweelinck: Hodie Christus natus est) 12"
Vision, from Op. 156 Organ
Paul Hebestreit (Paderborn Cath.) PD-27128
(Meditationes Tema variato)
[D-CA8239] 12"