[78-L] 78 pioneer discovered seems to be still performing:

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Fri May 10 19:12:41 PDT 2013

--- On Thu, 5/9/13, Dennis Flannigan <dennis.flannigan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's the part of the earlier article, "Ceci Julian (a
> former WWII singer
> who's performed with Les Brown's Band of Renown, Frank De
> Col Orchestra and others)...

That's gotta be Frank de Vol, right?  His orchestra backed
Kay Starr in "The Man with the Bag", one of my favorite
hipster Christmas songs (OK, my only favorite hipster
Christmas song, except maybe Art Carney's "Santa and the
Doodle-E-Bop").  He was also great as the bandleader
"Happy Kein" on Martin Mull's "America 2-Nite" talk show
parody back in my youth.