[78-L] 78 pioneer discovered seems to be still performing:

Ray Kilcoyne kil at roadrunner.com
Thu May 9 22:09:01 PDT 2013

Here are a few more of her records (mostly Broadway) for sale on Gemm.
RayK
http://www.gemm.com/c/search.pl?field=ARTIST&wild=ceci+julian&Go.x=16&Go.y=9

From: Dennis Flannigan
I found a budget 78 the other day, "Santa Baby," Broadway 258 B, by Ceci
Julian with Vic Corwin and his Orchestra. Found little on Google, but a
Bing search turned up an article about, Ms. Julian. She's still singing,
now over 90, and sings with a big band. This article was from six years
ago, and there's another about her singing with the band last year.

Here's the part of the earlier article, "Ceci Julian (a former WWII singer
who's performed with Les Brown's Band of Renown, Frank De Col Orchestra and
others) opened with a rousing rendition of "I Can't Give You Anything But
Love, Baby"...and quipped "Not bad for an 84 year old broad!" Ms. Julian
then launched into the classic "It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That
Swing"...

Anybody know more? She recorded on the budget labels. Any other labels? One
or two of her Rock covers can be found on foreign CDs. Nice version of
"Santa Baby," but know little more of her career.