[78-L] Duke Ellington on film, 1925?

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Mon Apr 29 10:00:31 PDT 2013

Seems to me Duke's appearance in the film is more by inference than direct identification. I can't make hide nor hair out of the guy at the piano - it's like searching for the gunman hidden in the trees on the grassy knoll. You want to see him, so you do. Anyone better able to identify Duke here? I'm not convinced.
Cary Ginell

The Library of Congress today announced the discovery of an appearance by Duke Ellington and the Washingtonians in a 1925 silent film, "Headlines." Here's a link to the Library of Congress blog with a clip of the film: http://blogs.loc.gov/loc/

Happy Birthday Duke!

Ken Steiner

Seattle

              Reply to sender