[78-L] 84rpm on a side, 76rpm on the other

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Fri Apr 26 05:56:04 PDT 2013

Might be that Monsieur Rigeaux didn't sing fast enough to complete the
piece in two sides. So the second side had to be recorded with a slower
speed.
Check the times. If the second side is as long as the first this could
be the explanation.
Or the second side was cut early in the morning when the weight on the
pulley moved slower (the oil in the machinery was harder). Provided
Pathé used the same method as Gennett and other companies in the early
years...
Kristjan