[78-L] Columbia discographies

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Apr 8 22:32:08 PDT 2013

OMG!  You think that 45/33 discography site is something, check out this
affiliated 45 sleeve/label site!  http://45-sleeves.com/index.html  The
details on this put even the Sherman/Nauck 78 label books to shame
because they do that kind of detail on every label. But the main thrust
is the sleeve varieties.  While the records involved are recent enough
that store stock that have not had their sleeves intermixed is possible,
I would be amazed if there was any way to do something this detailed for
78s.  I should point out that I am still planning on doing an ARSC
presentation on the history of 78 sleeves, probably next year.  But
since most labels only had one to three generic sleeves, it would be
interesting to try to locate every variety of Victor, Columbia, Edison,
Gennett, and Brunswick sleeves which probably have the most variations.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com