[78-L] Earl Fuller

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Mar 30 03:18:20 PDT 2013

This IS impressive.  It chases down a lot of rumors I've heard over the
years.   Next we need some research into the San Francisco jazz scene.
(Can someone update us as to what HAS been researched?)

I wish there was some way for well researched pages like this to be
sequestered out from the usual crap on that site!!!!

So, when's the complete reissue???  Are there alternate takes,
especially on Columbia and Edison?  Even if not, there are plenty of
alternate recordings to get the flavor of improvisation.  I've found a
couple of alternates on Ted Lewis Jazz Band Columbias that are notable
for showing improvisations in what is often discounted by the critics as
a pseudo jazz band like Fuller had been discounted as.  Ted Lewis is the
Rodney Dangerfield of Jazz.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com