[78-L] Down Beat Western & Gospel Series

Glenn Longwell glongwell at snet.net
Tue Mar 26 11:57:35 PDT 2013

I did a search on Billboard and found a spiritual record review for Down Beat 401 by the Sally Martin Singers.  Sides are Get Away Jordan b/w Jesus, I Love You.  It's in the September 13, 1952 issue.  Also under the spiritual review in the same issue is Swing Time 309 with Sister Foster on one side and Rev. O.P. Smith on the other (if I'm reading it correctly).  Trying to find a Down Beat 402 I come up empty.
Scan of 3002-A here:http://hillbilly-researcher.blogspot.com/2011/01/down-beat-western-series.html
Can't find anything else on this series in Billboard.
Glenn

www.majesticrecord.com