[78-L] Seefried Novikova singing lesson audio tape

Otto Striebel Striebel-Kirchheim at t-online.de
Fri Mar 22 12:04:10 PDT 2013

Dear opera friends,

Paola Novikova, was a student of Mattia Battistini. She was one of the great
singing teachers in the 20th century.
I have read in the book "With a song in my psyche" (page 159) that Dr. Berton
Coffin made a audio tape of her lessons with some of her students like Gedda,
London, Donath, Seefried, etc.
A copy of this tape is in the possession of Pearl Shinn Wormhoudt, the author
of the mentioned book. Is she still alive? I have written an email to her, but received an error message.
Another copy is in the Musical Department of the University of Colorado.
I have asked the University, but they don't find the tape!

Please, can you help me.
I would be especially interested in the lesson with Seefried from 1958.

Thank you for your help.

Best wishes,
Otto
Germany