[78-L] Harry Reser discogr.

Luis contijoch1 at gmx.net
Tue Mar 12 03:21:36 PDT 2013

According to the Uli Heier and Rainer Lotz book "The Banjo on Record", the
personnel for this session is:

Harry Reser (tenor banjo), Tommy Gott (trumpet), Sammy Lewis (trombone),
Larry Abbott (clarinet, alto saxophone), unknown (clarinet, tenor
saxophone), Bill Wirges (piano), Joe Tarto (brass-bass), Tom Stacks (drums)

Franklyn Baur, voc.

Luis

< I just found a Harry Reser side ("Ooh! Maybe It's You" by Irving Berlin

<on Co 1109-D) with a nice chorus of steel guitar work. Judging by the

<sound, issue date and location my best guess would be the sg player is

<Andy Sannella. As is common for Sannella, he is not credited.

<In fact most discographies, including both Rust's Jazz Records and ADB,

<don't list Reser's massive output or only give him a passing mention.

<There are virtually no personnel lists, either.

<Jazz and Ragtime Records gives a blanket personnel (but no mention of

<Sannella) and mentions that one William W. Triggs has tackled a full-on

<Reser discography. I found a site on Google with Reser banjo

<transcriptions by Bill Triggs, but that's about it and no mention of a

<discography.

<How might I access his work?

<Malcolm