[78-L] Harry Reser discog?

Al Barnes vanilla.sources at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 20:35:27 PDT 2013

Malcolm Rockwell wrote:
> Jazz and Ragtime Records gives a blanket personnel (but no mention of
> Sannella) and mentions that one William W. Triggs has tackled a full-on
> Reser discography. I found a site on Google with Reser banjo
> transcriptions by Bill Triggs, but that's about it and no mention of a
> discography.
> How might I access his work?

If the "full-on discography" is the one in the Triggs book "The Great
Harry Reser", details are sparse when it comes to band members.

Columbia 1109-D shows nothing other than "vocal by Franklyn Baur" (both
sides). Recording date was August 29, 1927.

I just checked abebooks.com, and there are currently three copies of the
book available, starting at $90.

I can give you scans if you need anything in particular.

Al