[78-L] Approximating 78s age by physical characteristics

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 08:25:13 PST 2013

I'd say it is a very late Royal Blue.  Tyrone's site's listing for it
doesn't show the original recording dates, it shows both sides as having
the recording date 23 January 1936 (which should be corrected to represent
this as the dubbing date with the original dates shown from their UK
sources).  Also unusual is that on both sides of it I can see the dubbed
matrix numbers handwritten under the labels, matching the stamped matrix
numbers in the usual dead wax areas.