[78-L] Fake stereo

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 13:08:09 PST 2013

I have a couple of those ghastly Wyncote LPs that have mono labels on both
sides but the records play stereo on one side, mono on the other.  And then
there were those 200/600 cuts Mercury did for a time where the same stereo
record could be bought with stereo labels and sleeve or mono labels and
sleeve.  (One I have is DUSTY SPRINGFIELD'S GOLDEN HITS with mono sleeve
and labels--and is 100% EQ split fake stereo even on songs available
elsewhere in true stereo.)