[78-L] Paul Tanner, last surviving member of Glenn Miller's orchestra, dies

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 20:15:12 PST 2013

Taylor,

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I will state mine this way.
If I had a choice to make between the Miller 1938-42 band and the AEF, for
me the choice is easy. The AEF band was pure Miller in its sound (it used
many of the arrangements that were played by the civilian band), blended
better and swung harder. In many ways, it was as if the original Miller
band added strings and stayed on the road when new arrangements entered the
book. I would certainly look at it as classic.

Jeff Sultanof